The Bookkeeper performs both accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks. This superhero will possess a minimum of 4 years of Quickbooks experience, proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) along with excellent math, data-entry and analytical skills. Love for numbers, compassion, patience, friendliness, low-ego, attention to detail, time management, organizational skills, and ability to work independently or as a team member are all important attributes for success in this role. Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical support preferred.
- Assisting with the monthly close process and projects
- Performing analytical assignments and preparing accounting reports
- Providing subject matter expertise on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Engaging the team and prioritizing for project management of related initiatives.
- Ensuring the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Handling resolution of inquiries and critical issues from internal customers.
- Handle most accounting problems with minimal assistance.
- Assist with special requests and projects as necessary.
- Collaborate with other team members in Finance and Accounting and Company-wide managers to support the overall department and Company goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment with cross-departmental collaboration
- MS Excel, Word, and Outlook knowledge (Min 3 years work experience) Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- A/R Aging, tracking, and analysis (Billing versus Collections)
- Accounts Receivable
- Maintain Weekly/Monthly Aging Reports
- Maintain records of customer payments, receipts, and resolve discrepancies
- Reconcile payment adjustments to QuickBooks and the CRM
- Prepare and review client invoices; review and record client payments using QuickBooks
- Process employee timesheets, run payroll checks
- Accurately key all payroll related data necessary to process and meet biweekly payroll schedule
- Research and resolve any payroll related employee/system problems
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees.
- Maintain and archive time sheet records and payroll files.
Work is based in an office setting with the ability to sit for extended periods of time viewing a computer screen. This position may require the occasional lifting up to 25 pounds as well as potential exposure to noise, vibration, or dust.
This position reports to the General Manager