Spending an afternoon cleaning dirt and bugs out of your gutters is likely not a chore you look forward to as a homeowner, yet routine gutter cleaning is vital in keeping your home’s roof, exterior and foundation free of water, debris and other unwanted materials.
For your gutters to perform effectively, Gutterman Services recommends having your gutters cleaned twice a year (maybe even 3 times if you live in a heavily wooded area). Ideal times for gutter cleaning service in the DC area are late spring and late fall.
The cost to get gutters cleaned can have a broad range and vary based on the factors listed below. However, generally speaking, DC area homeowners can have their gutters cleaned from anywhere between $115 – $350+.
Here Are 4 Factors Considered In The Cost To Get Gutters Cleaned
- Square footage of your home
- Height of your home
- Type of roof
- Steepness of roof
Regular gutter cleaning offers the following benefits:
• Prevents water damage to the foundation of your home
• Extends your roof’s life
• Increases life of your gutters
• Increases the curb appeal of your home
• Prevents damage to your landscaping
• Eliminates a nesting area for birds, bugs and rodents
As a homeowner, you might be weighing pros and cons between doing the work yourself or hiring an expert. Of course, if you are a handy person who enjoys working on your home, have the time and basic tools (ladders, etc.) AND are not afraid of heights then you may very well want to clean your own gutters. However, if you are on the proverbial fence then here are some reasons to consider hiring a professional.
4 Reasons You Should Hire A Professional To Clean Your Gutters (like Gutterman Services!)
1) Cleaning your gutters isn’t just a dirty, gross job, it can be dangerous too. Climbing up a ladder and trying to stay balanced while cleaning out your gutters can put you at risk of falling. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls are the number one cause of traumatic brain injuries and the second-leading cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States.
2) A professional gutter cleaning company can clean your gutters a lot quicker and efficiently because they have more experience.
3) Their trained eyes may notice problems you could miss, and fix them before they become larger issues.
4) They already have all the equipment necessary to do the job, saving you the time and money of buying or renting the supplies needed.
To make the process of identifying the right gutter cleaning contractor a little easier, we’ve created a printable questionnaire for you to use during your search.